Playing world-class golf in world-famous Myrtle Beach, South Carolina just got a whole lot easier … and less expensive. With the spring golf season getting into full swing, six airlines recently announced the expansion of direct service to and from Myrtle Beach and a dozen different cities.
- Allegiant Airlines recently added three new direct routes from Myrtle Beach to its lineup – Louisville (KY), Nashville (TN) and Flint (MI). All three routes will begin in early June.
- American Airlines is adding non-stop flights between Myrtle Beach and Dallas-Fort Worth beginning in early April. The weekly flights will run each Saturday
- Elite Airlines begins round-trip service to Upstate New York (Albany) and the Long Island area (White Plains) starting in early April, as well as Virginia (Newport News).
- Frontier Airlines has added four non-stop routes to and from Myrtle Beach beginning in May. -Providence (RI), Trenton (NJ), Ipslip-Long Island (NY), and a cross-country connection with Denver (CO).
- Spirit Airlines now provides two new direct flights to and from – Dallas-Fort Worth and Minneapolis-St. Paul – both beginning in April.
- Sun Country Airlines announced it is offering direct flight service between Myrtle Beach and Minneapolis-St. Paul starting in April.
Those new direct flights are in addition to existing non-stop destinations offered by other airlines that service Myrtle Beach International. Other round-trip possibilities to play non-stop golf on the Grand Strand include:
* Allegiant: Allentown (PA), Bellville (IL), Cincinnati (OH), Clarksburg (WV), Cleveland (OH), Columbus (OH), Dayton (OH), Fort Wayne (IN), Harrisburg (PA), Huntington (WV), Indianapolis (IN), Lexington (KY), Newbergh (NY), Pittsburgh (PA), Syracuse (NY).
* American: Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), New York (NY), Philadelphia (PA), Washington (DC).
* Delta: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Detroit (MI), New York (NY).
* Porter: Toronto (ONT).
* Spirit: Akron (OH), Atlantic City (NJ), Baltimore (MD), Boston (MA), Charleston (WV), Chicago (IL), Cleveland (OH), Columbus (OH), Dallas (TX), Detroit (MI), Fort Lauderdale (FL), Hartford (CT), Latrobe (PA), Minneapolis-St. Paul (MN), New York (NY), Niagara Falls (NY), Plattsburg (NY).
* United: Chicago (IL), Newark (NJ).
* WestJet: Minneapolis-St. Paul (MN).