Everyone knows North Myrtle Beach offers a wide variety of entertainment that includes world class golf, shag dancing, nightlife and dining out another favorite past for locals and visitors alike is fishing. Some of the largest and most prized fish can be caught off the coast of South Carolina. The pristine stretch of oceanfront and local pier provide the perfect points of any type fishing excursion: inshore, offshore, surf and deep sea fishing.
Weekly fishing reports for every major lake in South Carolina as well as inshore and offshore saltwater trends for the coast are available at www.scfishingreport.com. Pier fishing does not require a fishing license but to check out other fishing license requirements go to www.dnr.sc.gov.
There are many fishing tournaments offered throughout the year in North Myrtle Beach such as:
- DIXIE CHICKEN FISHING FUNAMENT & FLONDER FRENZIE (MAY)
- SPRING PIER KING MACKEREL TOURNAMENT (JUNE)
- FALL PIER KING MACKEREL TOURNAMENT (SEPTEMBER)
- RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE (OCTOBER)
- GRAND STRAND FISHING RODEO (APRIL – OCTOBER)
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH WATERSPORTS OPTIONS:
- GREAT ESCAPES KAYAK EXPEDITIONS
900 Heritage Trust Rd.
Longs, S.C. 29568
- FREEDOM BOAT CLUB OF THE GRAND STRAND
2120 Sea Mountain Hwy, Ste. 2104
North Myrtle Beach, S.C. 29582-9362
North Myrtle Beach offers so much entertainment and things to do that you may have a hard time fitting it into one trip, so be sure to make plans to return in the near future.