After a long, cold and dreary winter, after the charm of all the snow has gone – it’s time to listen to the calling of the warmer temperatures and the green grass. Grab your buddies, your clubs and your shorts and head south where real grass that’s nice and green and real greens (not temporary or frozen) await your group right here in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
This is precisely what Myrtle Beach golf offers players in the early spring; warm sun on your smiling face and a soft breeze blowing from the back to help you reach that par 5 in 2.
Known as the Seaside Golf Capital of the World (and for a reason!), the Grand Strand is a golf mecca for over a million golfers each year. Why Myrtle Beach for your spring golf package? Here are the top five reasons (as there are many!):
1. Ease and Convenience. Reason #1 to book a spring golf trip to Myrtle Beach is the accessible location and perfect weather in South Carolina in the spring. Currently, eight airlines fly into Myrtle Beach International Airport, which serves the Grand Strand. These airlines include American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines with several offering nonstop flights from 30 different cities. Driving is always an option that many golfers take advantage of since Interstate 95 is less than an hour away. Spring weather is perfect for Myrtle Beach golf with an average daily temperature in the 70’s with those early morning tee time only requiring a light jacket that can easily be removed after the first couple holes when the sun is shining brightly, and the temps are quickly on the rise.
2. Options for Every Skill Level. Everyone will relish in the wide variety of Myrtle Beach courses with the opportunity to play designs from many of the top golf course architects – Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio, Rees Jones, and Pete Dye, to name a few. With over 80 courses all along the Grand Strand means there is something for every golfer regardless of playing style or experience to choose for your next Myrtle Beach golf package. From the budget friendly options to the bucket list courses, everyone in your group will have a favorite!
3. Large Variety. With the variety of golf to choose from in Myrtle Beach, the area will quickly become a favorite getaway option. In Myrtle Beach, golf holes are played near the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, with some Myrtle Beach golf courses like Pawleys Plantation, carved into the tidal marshlands. You will see more variety with some courses that wind through towering pines and even some that guide you through the centuries-old, moss-draped oaks adding to the course character and charm. Choose from classic designs that have stood the test of almost a century of play with The Dunes Club or “The Grand Daddy” Pine Lakes. If a more modern feel is your style, go with Long Bay, a Nicklaus designed Myrtle Beach golf course. For those that prefer a Palmer design, some of his best work can be experienced at Myrtle Beach King’s North.
4. The Grand Strand has been a favorite of golfers for many decades, so we know a thing or two about the game. With Myrtle Beach Golf Authority, we offer a plethora of top-shelf courses, packaging expertise – regardless of group size (big or small), and of course, top quality Southern hospitality. Tee times in Myrtle Beach may be booked separately with our sister site at www.myrtlebeachteetimesnow.com or save time and money and book your package with us. All during the year, we have a range of packages available. We have something for every taste, timing, and budget.
5. Things to Do (off the course). I’m sure you are familiar with the old saying, “Man cannot live by golf alone.” More exact words have never been spoken. This brings to mind all the things to do in Myrtle Beach when the sun goes down, and your group is looking to have some fun off the golf course! Myrtle Beach provides the perfect opportunity to try one of the fine restaurants specializing in seafood, visit the various nightlife spots, take in a show, or do some shopping for souvenirs to take back to those unfortunate people that didn’t make it to the golf capital of the world with you! Don’t forget about the fishing charters and baseball games that are options as well.
There are many reasons for a trip to Myrtle Beach for a spring golf package, but in the end, the best idea is the lasting memories you will take home. Book your package or round today!